I’ve always been ashamed of my image. how i look, what people think of me, my thoughts, how people see me. it terrifies me. but i know it shouldn’t. i wrote a list a while back, that had everything i was supposed to complete every day to be happy. it is one of the stupidest things i have ever done. yes, i want to be skinny. yes, i want clear skin. yes, i don’t want to be awkward. yes, i want my first impression on someone to be like “WOW!” yes, i dream. yes, i want to be loved. yes, i want to believe in myself. but creating a to do list to make that happen just made everything worse. because it turned into more of a list of thing is had to do, rather than a way to improve my health and self-confidence. there were tons of good thing on the list. but those good things add up into an overwhelming list of things i had to do. and i felt like if i didn’t do all of them, the right way, every day, then i was a failure. so i said screw you to the list and trashed it. i didn’t however, trash the good habits i had made. i took my favorite things, that made me happy, and added them into my daily routine. i made it a goal, not a to do list.
• drink more water everyday. is my goal to drink over 100 ounces every day.
• read my bible and spend time with God, everyday. pray, meditate, talk to him, be with him for a while. i try to do it in the morning, it helps me have a good start to my day.
• wear whatever the heck i want to every day. it doesn’t matter if other people like it or not, as long as i love it.
• eat healthy. when i eat healthy foods, i feel so so so so much better. the majority of the food i eat is healthy, but i still eat junk food, just because i like it.
• go outside. the fresh air is so good. i just take a few minutes and take it all in, because I’m not promised tomorrow, so i want to savor it like today is my last day to be alive.
• read something. i don’t care if i read a book, a magazine, an article, a textbook, or a quote i like. i read to learn. and you learn SO much when you read.
• exercise. even if its just a little, even if its just stretching or some yoga, i do SOMETHING everyday. i want to feel good in my own skin.
• listen to music. i LIVE for music. it tells so many stories. i love some, i hate some, i listen to some on repeat, and i skip some. but music makes me happy.
• get enough sleep. i like to stay up late, and sleep in, but its not always practical. and if I’m well rested, I’m much happier.
• do something nice for someone else. make their day. it can be as little as smiling at them or saying thank you.
• do something wild. something crazy. something you WANT to do. something that makes you happy. don’t mind if other people judge you.
the “list’ that i have now, isn’t really a list to me. its just things i do everyday. it feels like I’ve been doing them for forever now. every single thing makes me happy. and if for some reason I’m not happy with one of them that day, i don’t do it! big deal world! work on what makes YOU happy, not what makes other people happy. you’re not going to get anywhere if you only do things to please other people and not yourself. it doesn’t even matter if it doesn’t make you even 20% happy. so go and do something that makes you happy. you won’t regret it, i promise.
stay wild. xoxo